Thursday, February 5, 2009

Wedding Trends for 2009

I was surfing The Knot today and found an article on new wedding trends for 2009. Click here to view the full article. I have to be honest that I am not a blind follower of "trends", but I seem to agree with The Knot 100% this time! I love, love, love all 10 trends they've presented, especially the following four:

1. Rustic homespun details - I love coordinating events at unusual locations, the older the building, the more character it has! There's also something about serving your signature cocktail in glasses your grandmother has in her cabinet, it just makes the entire event so much more down to earth, relatable and comfortable for your guests.

2. Patterns that pop - OK, I am a sucker for old world design. I love damask, paisley, floral fern and toile designs. I am so happy to hear patterns are in, gotta love that dramatic flair!

3. Two tiered wedding cakes - Back in the days, a five tiered wedding cake is always the center of attention at the wedding, but time has changed! I am excited to see these dainty cute little two tiered wedding cakes making a come back. Nothing is cuter than a small cake nicely presented on an ornate cake stand.

4. Chandeliers and creative lighting - I always tell my brides to "think big". When a guest walk into a room, their eyes always get drawn to big decorative items such as light fixtures and table linens, not your favors and tableware! Spending money on creative lighting or investing in a beautiful chandelier to create a focal point in your room will be the best money you can spend to create a dramatic look for your event.

Oh, how I love beautiful weddings :)

1 comment:

TAL said...

I have to agree, two tiered wedding cakes are definitely making a come back...and many people are opting for these types of cakes, because they are budget friendly.

-Tim