Friday, April 25, 2008

Inspirations

Just like any woman, I am a huge Oprah fan. My DVR is flooded with Oprah shows, and I just can't seem to get enough of Oprah, her passion and inspirations.

Last night I watched the episode of Maria Shriver talking about her new book "Just Who You Will Be?". Although I have yet to read the book, but I am already very inspired by her and her story.

Maria, aka the First Lady of CA, touched on a few things she wrote about in the book, but one thing she spoke about really touched my heart. She mentioned that in today's society, we are often so busy with work, achieving recognizable accolades and life in general, that we've forgotten how to simply "Be". I am sure we've all felt the way when every aspects of life is pulling you in different directions and everyone seems to need your attention in urgent moment, but I am a true believer that it is important to take a few moments each day to be STILL. Being still makes me feel refreshed, grateful and renewed, and these, I believe, are ingredients for great work and balanced life.

No comments: